Answered

Is it possible to indefinitely populate blank questions or question groups?

• 27 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there’s a way to indefinitely populate blank question groups based on whether or not a user selects “are there any additional [items] to include? YES/NO”

Basically, I’m trying to get a sense of all the individual hard costs involved in a project, but every project is different—some have one or two hard costs while others could have over a dozen or more.

Right now, the best I can do is re-route the user back to the original question group rather than a new/blank one, or arbitrarily cap the number of question groups/items a user can add and route the user through those until they hit the limit.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 28 September 2022, 06:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Evan S Happy Tuesday! Could you share a bit more about how you have your form currently setup, including the question types and any logic? (Screenshots would be great!) While it isn’t possible to add blank questions from what I’m understanding you’re looking to do, I can try to suggest a workaround, seeing what you already have setup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Evan S @Liz - here’s a thought: 

create a typeform that calls itself as a redirect when you submit - i created this little example that takes you to adding a contact record then a yes no question to add another. no takes you to a static ending (or next question) and yes redirects you back to the same form. 

in this example i am not passing in any hidden fields, which you might want to do the first time and the subsequent passes back to the file but that should be easy enough to figure out.. 

let’s say you want to ask about the number of windows in a house to get all the sizes for an estimate - and you had the same questions about each window, you could route the user to a form to put in the measurements of window one, then they could answer yes to add another window until they had done. then no would take them out of that loop and could put them to the room dimensions for flooring and you could start the loop again.. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Evan S How did the suggestion above go for you? Let us know if you have any further questions! 😀