Answered

Is there a limit to the numer of hidden fields limit?

• 26 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I’m trying to create a complaints form for an e-commer site, and I’m thinking about using hidden fields to set order products information, the number of products could easily be around a 100 o more.

Is there a limit to the numer of hidden fields that can be used for a form?

Regards,

Carlos Bernal

icon

Best answer by picsoung 27 February 2021, 01:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

hi @Carlos Bernal , we don’t have a limit to hidden fields that I’m aware of, but it’s good to note that the longer the URL becomes, the higher the chance of the form taking a very long time to load. I don’t have a specific character number for when the loading slows down, but I’d just take that into account when adding the fields. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Liz. Is it possible to somehow create “String variables”, seems like only numeric variables are allowed.

If I could create text variables using the create form API, I would not need hidden fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos Bernal 

You are totally right, currently only numerical variables are supported. String variables should follow soon :)

as @Liz mentioned you can add as many hidden fields as you want, you would also be limited by the maximum size of an URL which is 2048 characters.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Carlos Bernal 

You are totally right, currently only numerical variables are supported. String variables should follow soon :)

as @Liz mentioned you can add as many hidden fields as you want, you would also be limited by the maximum size of an URL which is 2048 characters.

@picsoung - yay on the ‘soon’ for string variables.. i, for one, am anxious for these… 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos Bernal If you’ve been using typeform recently, you should have seen that string variables are now an option. :sunglasses:

You can find the option to set the variable type as shown below: 

Let me know if you have any trouble finding it!