Question

Is there a way I can create a quiz that can be accessed after x hours

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

So here’s the use case:
Participants who don’t pass Quiz set 1, will get an email of the duplicate of Quiz set 1 so they can retry but only after 6 hours.

Why is a duplicate set being created/ used is because currently Typeform doesn’t do anything to stop multiple responses from the same email, etc. We will not include the duplicate responses even if participants attempt the quiz again. Failed participants will be directed to the duplicate Quiz set 1 so that we know, its the failed participants.

Is there a feature that allows me to set a access time to quizzes and schedule multiple timed follow up emails to participants? (as follow ups are directly sent after completion)

I don’t think either is possible, does anyone know a work around? Any suggestion/ tip, would be helpful. Let me know if I need to explain my case better.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @g.pergher Oh this is an interesting use case. While we don’t have this feature available, you could embed the form onto your website and use a code that tracks cookies/time to prevent the form from being accessible with a certain criteria. 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@g.pergher - don’t use followups in typeform to send out the notice for the second form. 

connect your typeform with your CRM/ESP and create an automation that receives a trigger from the typeform data entered, that sends out the link to the second form AFTER x hours. 

most CRMs have that feature available and it gives you much more control. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @g.pergher,

I have a question regarding the duplication of the original form. Are you using the API for this purpose? Also, could you tell me where the data is sent once the form is submitted?

I was thinking that instead of duplicating the form, we could reuse the original form and simply ignore the data submitted after the 6-hour deadline has passed. Another option could be to embed the form on a webpage and not display it at all once the deadline has passed.

In my opinion, duplicating forms could add unnecessary complexity.