Answered

Is there a way to switch out an image based on a user's response?

• 6 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We want to show a different image based on prior user selections or a hidden field that is passed to the survey. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

John

icon

Best answer by picsoung 8 October 2021, 02:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @John F. Kennedy What a famous username ha! 

You could show a different question with a different image based on the hidden fields, though you wouldn’t be able to change out the image specifically. I have an example of what this would look like in the video in the post below: 

Would this work for you? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your quick replay and comment on my name. 

The different question with a different image is an option. We have quite a few image options (~300). I was just hoping it would be easier.:disappointed_relieved:

Thanks,

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes, that would be quite a bit of a setup! I can’t think of a different workaround offhand, but @picsoung may have a very tech-y one I’m missing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey,

The only way to do this would be to create all the possible options, either manually or via API (better 😉)

Using the Create API you could modify your form to add options, questions and logic branches.
We even have an endpoint to upload image to Typeform.

Hope it makes sense

Userlevel 2
Badge

@picsoung Thank you for your input and suggestion to use the API. I’ll look into it. @Liz Thank you for pinging picsoung.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @John F. Kennedy !