Answered

Is there a way to upload videos bigger than 10 GB?

• 7 February 2021
  • 4 replies

So far, once a user fills the typeform and adds a video I have to download it from the link that typeform provides me (api.typeform.com) at the google sheet, then upload the video to my drive folder and copy the link of the video and paste it at the google sheet instead of the api.typeform link. 

I thought that by integrating typeform with Google Drive the videos will automatically go to my drive folder and as the host, in this case, is Google Drive the videos not no have the limit of 10 GB but is no actually happening any of that. Eventough the files are uploaded to the drive folder, their specific links at the folder doesnt apperar at the google sheet, still appering the api.typeform.com link and the maxium size has still to be 10GB. 

How can I solve this?? :( :disappointed_relieved:

icon

Best answer by picsoung 9 February 2021, 04:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sara thanks for joining the community! :) When you connect your form to Google Drive, the files save in both typeform and copy into Google Drive. The original host of these files is Typeform, and we have a limitation of 10MB per file upload. We don’t have a workaround for this at the moment. :confused: Though I’ll note this as a suggestion. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Sara 

To give you a bit more context on how it works behind the scene.
The google sheet integration is independent from the google drive integration.

When a form is submitted it will trigger both integrations in parallel.
One is responsible to format the data submitted into columns and send them to collect google sheets.
And the other one to get the files uploaded in the typeform and save them directly into your google drive.

Because it happens in parallel they are not “aware” of each other. For the Google Sheets integration, files uploaded live on Typeform, that’s why it provides you a `api.typeform.com` link instead of a direct link to the files uploaded in Google Drive.

While we may improve the integrations and implement your suggestion in the future the only solution would be to build a workflow using solutions like Integromat, Zapier or n8n.
There you can do a sequence where first files are uploaded to google drive, then data to google sheets and use the google drive links.

Hope it helps :)

Hello @picsoung

Thank you for the explanation. So what you mentioned the even after having integrated with Google Drive, the file is still stored on Typeform. And the same file will be stored in 2 locations and the 4GB / 10GB storage limit still applies?

Travis

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @travis I’ve commented on your post in the other thread. :grinning: