Answered

Is there an option to allow free typing in the drop down autocomplete menu?

• 17 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is there an option to allow free typing in the drop down autocomplete menu? - In Jotform it is possibile. Thank you

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 January 2023, 23:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Leora Thanks for stopping by! I’m not quite sure I understand what free typing is. Do you happen to have an example? That’ll help me answer the question better. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Leora hope you’re doing well, just checking if you had a chance to see Liz’s reply here. Let us know what you were thinking and we’ll try to help 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi hello, thank you! I chose Autocomplete drop down menu, and I load a list of school names in the list for the kid to chose from. They will type the first 2-3 letters of the school’s name, and will see all the schools that start with these letters. Now, what if the kid’s school is not on the list? what if it’s not a school but a football club, and they want to type the name since they did not find it on the list? they can not type since the list is sealed… In Jotform it IS possible to freely ad an option to a dropdown autocomplete menu. Here I will have to add another question that will ask- in case you didn’t find your school on the list, you can type it in here. But this is not an option for me since I work with 40 paralale questionaries that have to have the same structure for me to analyze. Hope I could explain myself, English is not my native language. Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it, thanks, @Leora ! We don’t have that option in our dropdown, but you could add a short text question right after in case they couldn’t find what they were looking for in the list.