Skip to main content
Answered

Limit number of responses to a date selection

• 10 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi I’m currently running a course over 4 days with a maximum number of 10 per day that can attend. Is there a way I can have a date close off when it is fully subscribed? At the moment my form has a dropdown option that allows the candidate to select the course they wish to attend. From there they go to another dropdown that has a list of dates available. I need for the dates to be inaccessible once a max of 10 is reached?

Hi @Ashaleene Welcome to the community and happy Tuesday! It is possible to limit the number of responses to the form overall, but it isn’t possible to limit the number of responses to a certain selection. :\ 

I’d suggest adding your feedback/idea here for a bit more visibility! 

@Ashaleene @Liz - just a thought here 

if you split the form into several components - i know this might be a pain but bear with me… 

if i pick a specific course, shift me to a new typeform for that course … let me choose the date i would like and shift me to a new typeform to register for that date. 

This would allow for you to set up 15 (example for the number of seats available) for the number of submissions before that typeform auto closes and says no more spots available. route the user back to the pick a date form to choose another date. 

it means setting up a series of branches ie 4 courses with 4 dates each would end up with 20 forms in the daisy chain BUT it would potentially resolve the issue. Means a little more ‘maintenance’ in the process flow to make sure that IF a date becomes full (ie a typeform closes due to max number of registrants/responses) then you would have to edit the choose a date form and remove that data from the list or say ‘full’ in the message. 

just a thought before coffee number (thank voice #2 of the 7 in my head for that)

des

Thanks very much for the tips, will give them a try appreciate it