Skip to main content
Answered

Link in statement using a hidden field

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello. I am trying to use hidden fields to feed links to the form, so that the users can complete a certain procedure on that site and then come back and answer whether they need additional help. Using a redirect directly prevents me from asking the user whether that solved an issue they had. 

My problem is, that when I do feed a link through a hidden field into a statement question, the link is displayed as plain text (not a clickable link). Using a text variable with a URL as starting value works though.

Explanation: These links must be fed to the form using hidden fields, since they point to different sites with the similar procedure. 

Q1: Is there a way to set a variable’s initial value to that of a hidden field?

Q2: Do I need to format my link within a hidden field some type of way for it to not be rendered in a <span> element, but rather as a link?

Q3: Is the only way to achieve this through a redirect question and thus losing the ability for the follow-up questions after the redirect happens?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @beep2000 Thanks for stopping by the community! To answer your questions, 

1. I don’t believe there is a way to do this that I can think of, but @john.desborough might have a workaround for you. 
  2. I’m afraid we don’t have a feature that would set the hidden field as a hyperlink at this time. However, I can share this idea with the product team!
  3. I would definitely suggest setting this up! That way, you don’t have to worry about them copy/pasting the link. 

Hopefully this helps a bit, but let me know if you have any other questions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @beep2000 

my thoughts:

1. you would pass something like a short variable ie v_link_id = one
  2. in the logic rules you would put in logic based on hidden variables being passed in:
    1. if v_link_id = one replace v_link_text with ‘whatever text you want’  (where v_link_text is a custom variable you created.
  3. in the Ending area, you have to set the domain as hard-coded text ie “https://your_site dot com/” before you can use the “+” sign and add in a variable ie v_link_text
  4. then use logic rules to route the user to the correct ending page… ie if you have 20 different websites you want to use, then hardcode the urls into 20 different ending pages and use the above to point to a specific page on that site 

you can use an email sequence to follow up at the various touch points and drive the users to follow up forms

• on submit of the first form, you send them to the first web site. 
  • if you connect the form to your crm/esp or even Google Sheets (with document studio add on to handle the email) you can send them an email immediately that says “did this answer your question?” depending on the email service, you can embed a question from a typeform ie “did this answer your question? yes/No??” and route the user to to that form. 

i manage several ‘serial’ forms in this way … 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @john.desborough ! Let us know how this goes for you, @beep2000 .