Answered

Logic broken but looks right in the logic map

• 17 July 2023
  • 8 replies

HI all, I am new to Typeform and running into a logic issue. Question 3 has multiple different answer opportunities. My logic map is correct based off the rules that I included but when I test the survey and provide answers that should take me to question 4, it pops me out to the end. I cannot figure out what is broken here. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 17 July 2023, 22:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

your logic says that if A is selected go to the end. you should probably include more restrictive conditions

ie if q3=A and q3 not equal B and q3 not = C … etc  - or whatever NOT EQUAL conditions would drive it to ending A. 

always start with most restrictive logic and then go to the least restrictive ie A or B or C or ...or M - anyone one of these, that would be less restrictive than AND across the board

des

Ok, I just want to make sure that I am understanding this right. Build the logic from least restrictive to most restrictive?

If the answer to the question is just A, it should bring you to the end. This is the correct path.

If the answer has multiple responses it should link to question 4 for the respondent to provide more info....this is where it goes wrong. 

I've tried to reorder the logic, took all the rules out and the reestablished them, nothing seems to fix this issue. I am leaning on user error on my end, I just can't connect the dots. 

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

start with restrictive: 

if q3 = A and q3 not equal B and q3 not equal C … etc. and q3 not equal M go to ending A

• that is that it is A only .. all the conditions in the rule make it restrictive. 

if q3 = A go to ending A 

• much less restrictive.. if you put that first then any time you had A and B, A and C, etc, you would still go to ending A … if that q3=A is the first rule. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KDeMoura Hope you’re doing well! Did the solution above work for you? Let us know if you still need help!

Hi all!

Thanks so much for breaking this down for me. It has been crazy around here so I am dedicating some time today to work on this. I will start my logic with the least restrictive answer and build on that to end with the most restrictive, I will report back when these ducks are medicated and in a row!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KDeMoura - start with the most restrictive when you input them into the logic rules list … typeform reads them top down … so put the most restrictive first in your list.. (ie 6 conditions that have to be met vs only 1 condition)

des

KDeMouraExplorer2 replies

HI all, I am new to Typeform and running into a logic issue. Question 3 has multiple different answer opportunities. My logic map is correct based off the rules that I included but when I test the survey and provide answers that should take me to question 4, it pops me out to the end. I cannot figure out what is broken here

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @AmmadHussain571 Could you share screenshots of the logic jumps you have setup?