Skip to main content

WHY IS IT that when you move the logic map around it doesn’t save? My stuff is allllllll over the place. 

For example
I have a question with five options

Each option has logic that takes them to a new question based on their answer

That question has two options

each option is independent and sends them to one of two places. 

And i have to do this for each of the original five options. If I go in and clean up the logic map, move it around so it’s clear and easy to read, when i go back in, it’s a mess again?

Thoughts? 

seems NOW it’s too big for the screen? how’s this possible? 

Hi @jchambers Happy Friday! Apologies for the delay on this. It definitely looks like you have a lot of logic jumps. Oftentimes, if the form requires that many jumps, we recommend breaking the form into a few to help with loading speed and overall respondent experience. 

Can you tell us a bit more about your form and what you’re doing with the logic jumps? 

Hiya @Liz 

The gist of the form and reason for the jumps is as follows. 
We operate in a number of categories - OEM, Reseller, MSP etc so that gives us 4 categories. 

Each category has 8 verticals - distribution, ior, eor, etc. 

So, based on selection A - we have a different 8 and those 8 direct the user to a different flow. 

We now have it all worked out and i have it working and the flow is still all over the place but it’s at least making sense now. Just don’t understand why we can’t move and save the blocks in the logic - why does TF decide where our blocks in our flow show up. But it’s all good - it’s working and that’s all that matters. 

Thank you for taking the time to response and I apologize for the delayed response and appreciation. 

Hi @jchambers Got it - thank you! That helps a lot. I know usually you can move around the layout, but I’m thinking that possibly because of the number of jumps, it’s restricted in this case. Don’t quote me on that! 

@jchambers - i can appreciate your pain on the logic map… though I will tell you that it is a great improvement over what was available over 18 months ago. 

I have a client with 25 possible category outcomes (vitamin recommendations) that has to account for restrictions on diet and allergies as well - all within the logic rules. The image below “looks like a angelfish” and is only part of the logic flow through the form. (imagine two more ‘angelfish’)