Answered

Losing people before they started filling up the form

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone,

Our company created a Typeform for a lottery where participants can win 3 prizes and have to fill the form with their personal information to register.

The problem is that most people quit even before they start the form. I guess my question is, is there any criteria that you need to follow for the welcome screen and do you have any tips on how to make it more appealing in this context ?

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 June 2023, 18:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LorisVolery Do you mind sharing the link to your form? We’re happy to take a look and provide some suggestions!

@James 

Hello @Liz ,

Of course, there you go:  The form is in French but you can see how it looks ! Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @LorisVolery !

@James do you have any suggestions for the welcome screen? I think maybe a bit more info about what they’ll win, but would that be too much text? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LorisVolery @Liz 

I think the reason WHY is missing .. you immediately ask for contact details without giving any ‘rationale’ as to why they are doing the quiz.. just because they can win something doesn’t tell me, the user, why you are doing this in the first place. 

a statement block after the welcome screen outlining the why and here’s what you get in return for signing up, would go a long way to helping people understand what you are going to do with this information. 

des

Dear @john.desborough ,

I did not think of it that way, to be honest. I think that it is a bright idea! Thank you very much, I will implement that right away.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @LorisVolery , thanks for reaching out to the community! I agree, I think @john.desborough’s bright idea can help you can some traction by educating people on exactly what you’re offering and why.

I also like @Liz ‘s suggestion of being more specific about the prizes on the welcome screen itself (so even before they get to the statement block). I appreciate that it’s hard to list all 3 in such a short space but maybe you could do it by saying something “win one of three exclusive prizes worth 1000CF to help you hit your fitness goals”, so they at least get some context about the prizes right from the start. Alternatively, maybe use images to actually show the prizes (if these are things that have visual representations!)

Hope this is in some way helpful :P