Answered

Matrix question width breaking

• 31 January 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello! I’m new to typeform, so may be missing something blindingly obvious, but is it possible to adjust the width or orientation of the matrix question matrix? As-is, it’s broken for me on mobile, and past 3-4 columns begins to break on desktop as well, introducing a horizontal scroll. I may just be missing a setting somewhere, but I’ve poked about the help pages and here and haven’t been able to find anything.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 February 2021, 18:09

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @natedavisdesign ! Welcome to the community. :) I submitted a bug report for this a week back, and our developers let me know they’re working on adding a note in the form so the respondent knows they need to scroll to see the rest of the columns. I’m happy to update you here as soon as they’ve added this. :)

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz, thanks for the response! Even with scroll this is still largely broken on mobile - only a single ‘selection’ dot is within the viewport at a time, and the scroll area requires some precise touch, which is a no-go given that I’m asking accessibility questions of my users. Is there somewhere that I might also file a bug report? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @natedavisdesign I’ll share this on the bug report I’ve created, and if you have any other feedback about the matrix block, please let me know!

Hello,
  I am also having this problem. It would be great to get a follow up with the outcome.

Regards, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Tem As soon as I have any updates, I’ll post them here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @natedavisdesign and @Tem - wanted to let you both know that our developers were able to update the matrix question to fit in a few more columns before it forces the respondent to scroll! :) 

Hello @Liz 

That is amazing! Thank you for the update

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Tem Welcome! :) 

Hello Community,

I am also new to Typeform and from what I can see so far, it seems after 7 or 8 columns, my survey still gets cut off, and I do not see the “adding a note in the form so the respondent knows they need to scroll to see the rest of the column” in the survey. I am using a free version, so maybe I need to get the paid version to have these fixtures?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LMK Lab Are all of the changes to your form published? Additionally, do you have any logics on the form that might be skipping over questions? 

Hi @Liz, I’m new to Typeform and have the same question — the matrix now displays 6 columns without scrolling (on desktop)… but I have 8 columns and the last two are cut off. If respondents don’t figure out that they need to scroll right, it will invalidate the data. Is there a way to fit more columns or adjust the form width?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DanoKid Could you share the link to your form? Thanks!

Badge

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but when I scroll the check mark goes behind the text. You can see the checkmark behind Monday in the picture below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Momentors Do you mind sharing the URL where you’re viewing your form? Thanks in advance!

Badge

Hi @Momentors Do you mind sharing the URL where you’re viewing your form? Thanks in advance!

I can’t right now. It is still a feature in beta. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Momentors Ah, got it. I’m afraid without being able to see the form live, it’s a bit difficult to find a solution, but once you’ve got a live or test version we can look at, let us know!

Hi @Liz  I have a matrix with 8 columns but only displays 6 columns without scrolling (on desktop) and the last two are cut off. Is there a way adjust the form width? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaReis Do you have the form embedded by chance? If so, you can change the width in the settings. 

If you also wouldn’t mind sending a screenshot of what you’re seeing, that would be great!

Hi @Liz we don’t have it embedded.

Please take a look at the screenshots 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaReis Thanks! Do you mind sending full screenshots of the form or the form link? It’s a bit difficult to see the matrix question with the screenshots cut off slightly. 

Hi @Liz I’ve sent the link via private message to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @AnaReis ! I see what you mean now. While there isn’t a way to adjust the width, I’m going to share this with our product team so they can see how the matrix is looking on some of the forms with more than a few options to choose from.