Answered

MaxDiff on a survey

• 17 November 2021
  • 5 replies

hi

I am hoping to set up a MaxDiff survey and can’t find the option.  I saw in a previous post from earlier in the year that this was available on the new builder, which I am pretty sure I am using.  Does anyone know if it’s available, or how you would set that up?

Thank you for your time!

icon

Best answer by Liz 17 November 2021, 20:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Craig Welcome to the community! In our new builder, we have more variable and calculation options that would allow you to calculate the max difference using those variables. 

If you don’t have variables in your form, this article here can help you get started setting those. Then, you can read more about calculations here

Let me know once you’ve had a chance to look those over and any questions you have on how to setup calculations in the form! 

For what it’s worth, this answer doesn’t seem to actually answer the question. A ‘maxdiff’ question is like a matrix question, except you always have two columns (most preferred and least preferred) and you can only choose one row from each column. More info here.

Is there currently any way of doing this in Typeform?

You can sort of do this by using a matrix question and transposing everything (have your dimensions as columns and two rows: most important and least important), but if you have more than 4 dimensions they go off the page in a way that isn’t obvious to the user at all:

You can sort of do this by using a matrix question and transposing everything (have your dimensions as columns and two rows: most important and least important), but if you have more than 4 dimensions they go off the page in a way that isn’t obvious to the user at all:

This has been very helpfull thank you. Do you know if there is a way to make sure that people don’t answer both most important and least important for one attribute? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@n8n do you happen to have anything setup in your example that would help with @Fingers ‘s question? 😀