Answered

Meta Preview Image Not Updating in Twitter

• 21 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi. I was able to change my meta preview image for Social Media by going into the Edit Link Preview on the Share page. The new image seems to be showing up fine when I post on Facebook. However, it is not working on Twitter. Does anyone know how to make this work?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 April 2021, 13:08

View original

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi there! Thanks for dropping by the community,. 

As far as I recall Twitter can take a little longer than Facebook to update the meta preview image. Something similar happened to @john.desborough a while ago with LinkedIn, can you confirm if the image hasn’t updated yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MJR @Gabriel 

this is the link that was provided to me to try and test out the Twitter card validation 

https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator

from what i read at the time, this will help to ‘force’ twitter to update to the proper metapreview. hope this works for you 

cheers

des

Thank you for the quick responses! The Twitter card validation link was very helpful, and yes, it was simply a matter of time delay in the meta images showing up in both Facebook and Twitter. Instagram does not show the meta preview image, so we had to use a standard graphic there.

I appreciate the support of this community! Thanks!!

Hi Hi, 

Please can someone help me, 

I am interested in sharing my survey, and have updated the Title and description for the social shares, but it is not updating when it is shared on twitter.  But it is working for LinkedIn and Facebook. 

Anyone experienced a similar issue or know how to resolve it?

Thanks

Melody 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MelodyPotgieter123 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer!