Answered

Minus number

Hi,
I am making a checklist where my users should be able to fill in a negative number. But so far I have not succeeded, like for example -10.

Is this possible within typeform?

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 May 2022, 16:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Evelien98 I’m afraid we don’t support negative numbers at this time. You will need to adjust the calculations so they only enter positive numbers. 

I am having the same problem, both with negative numbers and decimals not being possible. This is such a basic need. And thus you’ll have to resort to open fields that you can’t validate, thus rendering any scientific enterprise mute. 

The minimum validator field does accept negative numbers e.g. by clicking the down arrow only to revert to zero afterwards. 

I am really sad to understand this after setting up a market research project, it’s like getting a bike only to understand while cycling you have no breaks :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @arubeta thank you for sharing your feedback with us here, and I’m really sorry to hear this is impacting your research project. 

We will pass the feedback along to our product team, and keep you posted if there are planned updates.