Answered

Missing option in a date field

• 21 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Typeform community,

I would need the option to select missing in a date field. Is there a way to do that?

The series we are collecting is looking like that:

How many dates will you provide us with? Number field (e.g. 3)

Enter the first day of your current menstrual cycle: Date 1 

Enter the first day of the last menstrual cycle: Date 2

Enter the first of the menstrual cycle before that: Date 3.

If they do not know any of the days, we should know that, and we should know which menstrual cycle is missing. What options could we adopt?

Many thanks,

Stefanie

icon

Best answer by James 21 November 2023, 11:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Stefanie Hossmann 👋 

From what you’ve said, one potential approach could be to use a Yes/No question before each date, giving you the ability to skip the Date question for the dates they don’t know (using logic). So it would look something like this:

(in this case I used the “score” variable to keep a running totally of dates entered, though I’m not sure you need this visible to the respondent?)

Once set up you could then check in the Responses area and see respondent-by-respondent which of the dates are listed as “No response” (or in Google Sheets if it’s easier) so you can track which ones were missing.

Would this solve for what you’re trying to do? Let us know and if not perhaps others here have alternative solutions…

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stefanie Hossmann Did James’s solution work? Let us know if you still need help!