Question

multiple answers

• 28 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hey,

My type form completely freezes/crashes when i preview my form. After some investigation i found out that its due to the large amount of long answers. Is there a limit, and if i reduce amount of answers i can get it to work on desktop view but not on mobile. It seems to have to do with the scrolling i presume.

It’ s the same on Safari and Chrome. 

Thx in advance

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mabo Welcome to the community! 

It’s important to understand that typeforms can be made up of many different components, think your questions, images, Logic Jumps, Calculations and more. The more of these that are in your form, the more data that’s being worked on behind the scenes. So, while we don’t restrict the amount of these components you can use, it’s worth keeping in mind that if your forms are very large and complex, the likelihood of performance issues increases.

Because of this, we can’t give a specific number of how many questions/answers/images/etc can be used in a form, but historically, I’ve seen that forms with over 100 questions tend to start showing some lag. 

I know that’s not terribly specific, but hopefully it helps a bit!

I mean the amount of choices in a multiple choice question. I have a question with 12 choices. But it doesn’t let me pick my choice in the live preview, the form just crashes and page become unresponsive. It seams the be when the page is not large enough to show everything and therefor the page become scrollable but then it freezes. Even when a question works on desktop version and the amount of choices is not possible to show on mobile version without scroll the page freezes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mabo Do you mind sending a screenshot of the crashing or a video of what happens when the form crashes? This will help me see the issue better. Or, if you could share the URL of your form, that would be even better!

it seems to be only happening in the preview version. Once embedded it works.

Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it! Do you happen to have any errors showing in your logic map, @Mabo ? I’ve seen this to be the issue of the preview crashing as of lately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Mabo! Did you have time to check your logic map to see if there's something wrong over there? Looking forward to your response :blush:

Hey,

I don't use any logics. And because it is only in preview mode that thing don’t work, I didn’t look further into it. Because of deadlines and especially because it works on the website;

Thx for the advice