Answered

Multiple choice answers in two columns?

• 23 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, I believe I used to be able to specify that multiple choice answers appear in two columns or maybe it did it automatically when a multiple choice answer had lots of choices. However, the answers are no longer appearing in two columns. Is there a way to specify the multiple choice answers should appear in two columns? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 August 2021, 05:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @UBAdmin! Happy to have you here! :blue_heart:

Unfortunately, Typeform doesn't allow you to place the answers in two columns. May I ask if you used to have that on desktop or mobile? Just so we can understand your use case. 

Make sure to refer to this article for some information about the multiple choice question. Let me know if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to help! :hugging:

We used desktop.

Thanks!

Badge +5

Same as @UBAdmin I think I’ve seen situations where the options appear in two columns 🤔. It would be interesting to know when and why options may appear in two columns as opposed to one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@UBAdmin @Gabriel @Gabi Amaral 

about 18 months ago when i first started working with Typeform, the two column capability existed but it was removed about june of 2020 from what i recall - or at least, i did not see it after that - and to be honest, i have not used a long list in a multiple choice that would have required it since the very early days. 

des

There is still the button to toggle ‘vertical alignment’ on/off. I wish this was still supported!

Just checking in on this feature. I have a few multiple choice questions that have a rather long list of options. When the user scrolls down to view the options sometimes it sends them to the next question. Is there a way to maximize the space and create two columns of answers?  😊