Skip to main content
Answered

Multiple choice - list of options not selected?

• 2 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there, 

I am creating a questionnaire where people are asked to select food items from a multiple choice list. Of the items that they select, they are then asked a further question about that item. 

I would also like to generate a question at the end of the questionnaire asking about the foods items that they didn’t select. Does anyone know whether this is possible?

It’s worth mentioning that currently the foods are grouped into categories, with separate multiple choice questions for each category. 

Ideally, I’d like a list of ALL food items not selected, but another option would be a separate list per category of those not selected.

Many thanks in advance. 

Hi @NickyH Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by the community. You’ll need to use this logic jump setup for both the foods that are listed and the ones that aren’t. The downside is that it might be a bit lengthy of a setup, but @john.desborough may know a workaround that would speed up the process! 

@NickyH @Liz - this one is not that difficult to make a kludge but not really the perfect way:

voice #2 in my head (of the 7 inhabitants in my skull)  says:

• at the end of each mc question you would need to have variables created to capture the non-selected items, something like this: 
    • if q1 is not A, then add ‘asparagus’ to v_1not_1
    • if q1 is not B then add ‘spinach’ to v_1not_2
    • etc..
  • at the end of the quiz use a long text question and list the v_not’s in the description :you didn’t choose these foods - please explain why below’ and have them be as descriptive as you want. 

that would be a one-page way of showing the list and getting the answer… if you wanted to have a question for each, you would need to (my suggestion) create a question group for all the v_not’s and then go one by one and evaluate if v_1not_1 is asparagus then jumpto v_not question group, question 1 and then display the variable and ask for text entry as to why. 

then evaluate if v_1not_2 is xxxx and if so, go to the question to ask for input. 

that’s what voice #2 said after the fifth coffee this morning (i was up at 4am local to watch the Canada US womens’ football match) …. 

thoughts??

des