Answered

Multiple Choice, multiple responses possible

• 11 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am creating a form for our potential clients where they can pick various features of our offerings that would be important to them.  It’s one question with a list of 15 different features to select from.  When they select their first feature, I would like for the form to immediately take them to a statement about that feature, then to another statement that is a quote from a current client.  I would then like to return them to the multiple choice question to be able to select more features and the two corresponding statements to appear for each answer as they are selected.  I would like for all previous answers to remain checked on the question throughout the process, so they can see what all they selected at the end.

Is this possible?  I can send them to the two statements, but I cannot figure out how to return to the multiple choice question. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 11 September 2022, 23:17

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TeeDeeDub - don’t think it is going to work that way for you… at least i have not been able to ever make it happen. 

workaround: 

• allow them to select all the features they want from the question (multiple select) 
  • create question groups for each of the two statement sets 
    • perhaps include a yes/no question in the group that says do you want to keep this feature in the final list? 
  • use the logic rules to walk them through the choices they made (takes them to each question group in series)  and then you can present a statement after that that lists the features they checked (or said yes to if you use the yes/no option) 
  • you can ask them if they are happy with this list or do they want to go through the process again ie start over

this is not a perfect solution either but might get you further along the path .. here is a short example of using the multiple select and question group approach that i created a while back.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I was afraid it wasn’t going to work, but I do think your idea is another option that might.  Thank you again!  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

One more follow-up, if that’s alright.  I tried to build the logic to show only the statements and the client quotes for every client's selection.  However, it is showing statements and client quotes for all responses.  An image of the logic is attached.  What steps am I missing to only show the quotes and responses for the selection a potential client would make?  If I skip answers, it will show the statement and quote from the first on I select on the list, but then it shows everyone after whether I selected it or not.  I guess I’m halfway there?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

first thing - make sure that you put the logic for B up between A and C …. so that if they do choose B and not A and C .. that you don’t “miss” getting to B first 

based on your diagram, you would need to add the logic on the statement pages along this line (and assuming that B is the second choice) 

• logic for S1 
    • if q1 = B then go to s3
    • if q1 = C then go to s5
    • if q1 = D then go to s7 
    • etc
    • otherwise go to some other page or ending
  • logic on S3 
    • etc.. 

each subsequent question has a ‘declining balance/number’ of options to evaluate.. 

that will restrict where it goes on each question

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you again!  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

OK!  I got it to work except for the last thing I want to have happen.  Regardless of what options someone selects, I want to send them to a form fill after they have viewed all of the statements to gather their contact information.  My logic is not sending them to the form fill, except for the “Other” field with is P.  I changed it to “Anything else?”  If I type something in that field, it does take the person completing the survey to the form fill.  I cannot see the logic for that question, however.  Maybe because it is auto-created.  The form fill is question 17 in blue in my logic.  See my screenshot below.  All other questions have this as the last logic command, A thru O.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Of course after I send that message, I think I figured it out.  I can’t see where to delete the question.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

first thing - make sure that you put the logic for B up between A and C …. so that if they do choose B and not A and C .. that you don’t “miss” getting to B first 

based on your diagram, you would need to add the logic on the statement pages along this line (and assuming that B is the second choice) 

• logic for S1 
    • etc
  • logic on S3 
    • etc.. 

each subsequent question has a ‘declining balance/number’ of options to evaluate.. 

des

On the “Other” questions (renamed, “Anything else?”) when someone fills in the field, it should take them to the final form field.  Instead, it is taking them to the two statements that it would if someone were to pick the first option.  I tried to find the logic for the “other” field, but I cannot find it.  Any idea?  I will reply to this with a video of me going through the process on my phone.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

• logic for S1 
    • etc
  • logic on S3 
    • etc.. 

des

On the “Other” questions (renamed, “Anything else?”) when someone fills in the field, it should take them to the final form field.  Instead, it is taking them to the two statements that it would if someone were to pick the first option.  I tried to find the logic for the “other” field, but I cannot find it.  Any idea?  I will reply to this with a video of me going through the process on my phone.

Here’s the link to the video as promised.  I ended up doing it in Loom on my computer, which was much better: