Answered

Multiple choice question with multiple followup questions when choosing 2 or more answers

• 16 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Dear Community

If the correspondents choose for example option A, B & C - then i would like them to receive all the followup questions for the choices they've made.

Right now, when correspondents choose multiple options which all have different follow up questions, they only receive one followup question, which was the first choice they’ve made. I want them to receive all the questions for the options they’ve chosen.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by James 18 May 2023, 11:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @subbasel - welcome to the community.

If I’m inferring this right then you need to apply logic to all of the questions to cover all the permutations, based on what was answered in question 1. 

For instance, if you have a starting question with 3 options then with 3 further questions:

Question 1 - logic =

• If A go to question 1
  • If B go to question 2
  • If C go to question 3
  • If A and B go to question 1
  • If B and C go to question 2
  • If A and C go to question 1

(you might not even need the final 3 options, actually, but this is what worked when I tested it)

Question 2 (option A question) - logic =

• If answer to question 1 was B go to question 2
  • If answer to question 1 was not B go to question 3​​​​​​​
  • If answer to question 1 was not B or C go to end

Question 3 (option B question) - logic =

• ​​​​​​​If answer to question 1 was C go to question 4
  • If answer to question 1 was not C go to end

​​​​​​​
This is how that looks in action:

Is this what you were trying to achieve? If this doesn’t work feel free to share your typeform and we can take a closer look 👀

Hey James!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. However, it is not what i’m trying to achieve.

I chose only option A in your form, and the outcome of this brings me to “This is a follow up question for Option A” as well as “This is the follow-up question for Option C” without me choosing option C.

Lets say the main multiple choice question would be: What is your favorite color(s)?
1. Red
2. Blue
3. Yellow
4. Green

The follow up question would be: Why is red/blue/yellow/green your favorite color?

If i choose Red and Yellow, then i would like the follow up questions to be:
1. Why is red your favorite color?
2. Why is yellow your favorite color?

I hope that you understand what i mean.

Many thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh I see what you mean @subbasel - I’ve just been having a dig around and it looks like @john.desborough built something very similar here - that one has multiple follow-up questions for each option inside question groups, but I believe the principle should be the same.

This is what you’re looking to achieve, right? If so, you can find details of the setup in this thread: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@subbasel @James 

if the logic is like this: if q1= A and q1=B then go to q 5 (assumed next question for A) 

• on q5 you would have to have the logic like this: 
    • if q1 = B then go to q 9 (assumed next question for A)
    • if q1 = C then go to q 11 (example) 
    • otherwise go to end. 
  • on q9 :
    • if q1 = C then go to q11 
    • otherwise go to end. 

helps??

Dear @James and @john.desborough,

After many attempts, it worked! Thank you very much! Wishing you a great weekend.

Kind regards,

Basel

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Dear @James and @john.desborough,

After many attempts, it worked! Thank you very much! Wishing you a great weekend.

Kind regards,

Basel

That’s brilliant @subbasel 😄 Happy to managed to crack it and thanks to you @john.desborough as always! Have a lovely weekend