Answered

multiple languages subtitles in YouTube video

• 7 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I've added a YouTube video which has subtitles in several different languages.

Why can't I choose which subtitles I want?

It is available in the original YouTube video.

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 November 2021, 19:19

View original

4 replies

Hi @Eladvolman! Welcome to the community from another user.

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but the shared link from YouTube does not contain information about subtitles. Maybe there’s a different link that should be used in order to get the subtitles?

@Liz Do you happen to know something about how this works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Eladvolman - can you please share the form with the youtube in it, or at least a video of the issue??

thanks

des

unfortunately I can’t share the form nor the video since they are private (business related).

I’ll try to better explain:

When I watch the video in YouTube - there are subtiltes available in 2 different languages. All good.

After adding the same video to a question - subtitles are shown but I can’t change them to the other language using the player in Typeform.

(The only option available under the subtitles’ ‘settings’ menu is to turn them OFF)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Eladvolman As both @Paulo and @john.desborough have said, it would be helpful to have a link to either the form or the video, as we can’t really provide a proper answer without it. 

One suggestion would be to contact our support team directly, as then you won’t have to share the links publicly. 

My best guess is that the options aren’t appearing since the controls disappear when the video is added to the form, but I can verify this if you can provide a URL. :grinning: