Answered

Multiple logic steps using scores?

Userlevel 1

I have four groups each of 11 questions that when calculated each have two outcomes. So putting these together will mean a responder result would be one of 16 possible results.

I’m trying to figure out how to do this.

A possible way is to do it via a decision tree logic….?

I want to Add the scores from the first group of questions and then using logic direct responder to different question groups. e.g. If you score <6 on Questions 1-11 then go Group 2 if you score >5 then do Group 2a etc… This would then follow down a decsion tree.

Any advice?

Currently I’m just using the basic free version.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 March 2021, 14:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Strosed. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

When it comes to scores, we have a Calculator feature where you can set up the points for each response. Once this part is done, you can use Logic Jumps to send users to specific questions based on the score. =)

Extra tip: to be able to accomplish this, you'd need to be in one of the paid plans, as the calculator and logic jumps are paid features. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Strosed ,

I created a quiz with this same logic and with the score feature. If you decide to change to a paid plan to get these features, I’d be happy to help you with that. Just DM me when you’re ready and if you’d like my help. Here’s a quiz I created with those features included. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you. Can I just check in addition

I want to be able to score groups of questions and then provide a result based on these calculations,

e.g. (Q1 + Q5 + Q7 = total score 3) minus (Q2+Q8+Q9 = Score 1) = 3-1 = 2  So if score is 2 go to results page A 

Can I do that in the paid version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You would need to assign a point value to each question then do the calculations.

I don’t believe the scores can be fractions so you’ll need to change the scoring to achieve the goal you want, i.e. instead of Q1, Q5, Q7 having a score of 1 they have a score of 5 each so you can assign a score of 1 to Q2, Q8, Q9. 

An example:

Q1 = 5 pts
Q2 = 1 pt
Q5 = 5 pts
Q7 = 5 pts
Q8 = 1 pt
Q9 = 1 pt

Score (Q1+Q5+Q7) = 15

Score (Q2+Q8+Q9) = 3

15 - 3 = 12 goes to results page A

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Strosed @vickioneill 

I have done something similar in my assessment surveys where you have to establish variables as positive whole numbers greater than or equal to zero. 

However, instead of using the score variable, you can create a subtotal variable for each question group where you can add and subtract, multiply or divide and have partial scores (my maturity assessments have up to 2 places of decimals which works for me). It means using the branching and calculations but I have been able to do similar ‘pathing’ that way and bypass using the score variable

just a thought

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s good to know, @john.desborough . I didn’t know you could use subtotal variables.

Always learning something here :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s good to know, @john.desborough . I didn’t know you could use subtotal variables.

@vickioneill - i have one assessment that has 7 question groups and i create q_n_subtotal (where n is the question number) for each .. so that i can have “section” totals and averages and full assessment versions of the same. 

figuring that out in the first place was the hard part lol..it took a fourth coffee 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s good to know, @john.desborough . I didn’t know you could use subtotal variables.

@vickioneill - i have one assessment that has 7 question groups and i create q_n_subtotal (where n is the question number) for each .. so that i can have “section” totals and averages and full assessment versions of the same. 

figuring that out in the first place was the hard part lol..it took a fourth coffee 

des

@john.desborough  That just made my brain hurt. LOL 

You’ve done the homework and invested what seems like a ton of time to get it to work for you. Thank YOU for sharing that here for others to learn from (and as a time saver!) 👍😊

Userlevel 1

Is the subtotals just available in the New Builder and on a paid plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Strosed you can access the variables on any plan with an account that has the new builder. :) If the new builder isn’t in your account yet, we’re working on adding it to all accounts by the end of Q1.