Answered

Multiple Questions in One or Dependant Questions

• 6 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I have a complicated request to see what can be done.

One of the questions we’ve got in the typeform is a request out of 12 options to select the 5 options which are most relevant to the person. We then ideally want to be able to either:

1. Have it so the next question is a ranking of the 5 options selected in the previous question (so dependent on answer previous) OR
  2. Have it so the participant can both select AND rank the 5 options in one go.

The reason I’m asking this is the 12 written options are quite long/complicated to read and so to first choose and then rank the options as a separate question will involve a fair amount of reading so if there is an easier way, that would be most helpful!

Thanks so much,

Lucy Ballance

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 7 September 2022, 00:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lucyballance Happy Tuesday! While it isn’t possible to use answers from previous questions in another question’s answers, you could use logic jumps to show the questions that apply

@john.desborough might also have a solution that could work for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @lucyballance - i don’t have an elegant solution for this at all.. i am hoping it arrives some day as a feature as well in the ‘out of the box’ capabilities. 

the only solution that i can think of is to create two typeforms and use the api’s to capture the submitted 5 choices then to pull them back into a dynamically created question in a new typeform (there are posts by @picsoung and @mathio in the community who talk about that) 

i don’t do personally myself but it seems that it MIGHT work …. 

des