Answered

navigating halfway a form

• 23 August 2022
  • 5 replies

hi there, is it possible to midway a form get someone to leave the typeform, visit a site and via a button on that site go back to the typeform again to the exact place where he left the form?

kind regards

Dennis

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 August 2022, 15:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Smyle Happy Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week. 

While our forms won’t be able to direct the respondent back to their spot in the form, it will save their answers within the form as long as they’re using the same browser/device so they can scroll through it faster. You can read more about this here. 😀

Is this also true for Videoask forms/answers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Roozehra Khan VideoAsk is a bit different, it submits the responses to each question as they get answered, rather than waiting for the form to be finished. So if someone started responding to your videoask and then left, you would still receive the partial responses. 

Hope that helps, but let us know if you have more questions 😊

Ok gotcha!

I’m working with an API developer to create a personalized google doc for everyone who goes through my videoask questions.

Essentially, I walk them through a series of coaching questions. They type out their answer and I want it all to go into a google doc so they can access their answers. BUT I want them to have only 1 google doc and was wondering what would happen if they got tired of answering and wanted to take a break and come back to finish the rest of the questions later. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

If you put a link in the description of a question, or in a statement, when someone click on the link, it opens in another page. The typeform remains open meanwhile, so if the user closes the page and come back to your form, that might work for your use case.