Question

Need help in finding the best logic option for my quiz!

• 3 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone! I’m struggling really hard to find the logic option for my quiz (I’m not even sure if it’s possible with Typeform but I’m hoping).

The quiz is on what culture fits best for each person so with each question, the person will get a few various countries. For ex. option A is: USA, UK, Ireland, Germany option B: India, Nigeria, Japan etc.

Those countries don’t stay in the same packs - they change for each question.

The goal at the end is to have the country or countries that got selected most and let the person know which cultural fit is the best. However, I’m getting really lost -- all I can see are number options. Does anyone have any idea? Would be super appreciated. Whoever helps out will get access to this quiz for free once it’s out :) It’s a highly researched quiz so the answers will be very interesting!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DBB2023 Thanks for stopping by the community and apologies on the delay!

@john.desborough have you used an outcome quiz for something like this? Or better to use variables and calculate that way? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @DBB2023 -

first a clarification is needed on the question and options.. 

question 1 

• option A - USA, UK, IRELAND, GERMANY
  • option B - INDIA, NIGERIA, JAPAN
  • option C - …

question 2

• option A - UK, JAPAN, CANADA
  • option B - US, SPAIN, INDIA
  • option C - ….

if this is the structure, then the following is what i think about the scenario: 

if you used the outcome quiz approach,  you would have to ensure that there was an ending for each of the countries to start, and then for each question, you would have to assign the choice to the countries in that list .. ie from above, if A then ending USA, ending UK, etc

that would give you a +1 one to the behind the scenes counter for that ending in that question

do that for all the questions and you would have the outcomes mapped to the highest scoring country. However, in the case of a tie between 2 or more, the outcome quiz approach will route you to the ‘ending that is closest to the top of the list’ ie if endings A E and F are tied, it will go to ending A always in this case. if C D and E are tied it will go to C

it’s easy enough to do this with an outcome but you don’t get any chance for a tie breaker question to be posed. 

if you want more granular control, then create the variables and add ‘points’ to each country_variable (my naming convention) and then evaluate for the highest. If there is a tie for highest, you can route to a generic simple tie breaker or can have tie breaker questions for every possible combination of ties. 

possible in both but choices need to be made lol.. 

des