Question

Need sort of a likert/multiple choice hybrid

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’m looking to create a form that allows a user to pick within a scale from 1-12 with 4 statements throughout the scale. Is this something I can do with a likert form? For example, there would be a question and 4 answers, and then a scale form 1-12 along those 4 answers. I thought it might be a multiple choice with 4 choices, 1-3 for the first, 4-6 for the second, etc. But maybe it would work more like a likert scale. The result would need a score for the question between 1-12. There would be about 10 questions with 4 answers each, each with a scale of 1-12 for the answers.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marianne - am having trouble visualizing this one.. could you draw it out on a piece of paper perhaps and grab the image to share?? might be easier to see what you are thinking 

thanks

des

Sure, John. Thanks. Here’s a screenshot of the first question in the form we have right now…

As you can see right now users have to enter the number in the bottom. We just want users to be able to select a number instead.

So to clarify. They need to be able to assign a numerical ranking within a range of 4 choices. So the first choice would be within the range of 1-3, the second 4-6, the third 7-9, and the fourth 10-12. But they can only choose 1 number between 1-12. The four choices have to stay within the same order.