Answered

Need to add 16 digits with number question type

• 24 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m working on form that collected some employee information and one of these informations a 16 digits of employee card, the issue that typeform give as max 9 digits, if there any way to go around this, even I try to used short text answer but again I have a problem with validation as I need to make sure the inserted data is number only.

Any idea or way that could help me, and thanks in advance :)

icon

Best answer by Mariana 24 February 2021, 11:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Nashaat. Welcome to the Typeform Community! 🥳

Actually, the number question accepts up to 15 digits. =) Are you facing any issues when trying to fill out the form with more than 9 digits?

I'm trying to think of a workaround I could suggest and here is what I thought: is there any "common number" to all the employee's cards? For example, if the first number is always "0". If that's the case, then you can add a description that the 1st number is not necessary, and they can type from the 2nd, and so on. Do you believe something like this would work? Since it's only one number that would be missing, this alternative came to my mind.

Another option would be using the Short Text question, as you mentioned. You won't be able to guarantee they are typing numbers but you could add a description reinforcing this is only for numbers, if that helps. :)