Answered

New to Survey Design and Need Help

• 27 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all - brand new to survey design and looking for any advice that folks can offer. My company wants to conduct a self-assessment survey that has four key areas. Each area has 7 questions that we ask participants to self-assess on three metrics. We put together this very basic skeleton but I am at a loss on how to translate this from Word into an online design. Any thoughts, input or help would be most appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 April 2021, 06:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@BillyD-HK - welcome to the community from a fellow user

couple of suggestions on how to structure your quiz from what you describe. but first am i correct in thinking you are thinking along these lines

• question group 1 - key area 1
    • q1
    • q2
    • qetc
  • question group 2 - key area 2
    • q1
    • qetc

for the 4 ‘key areas? If this is correct, then you should check out the help centre for info on the use of question groups (note the hint above lol) - this would allow you to group the answers to a specific group together and  subtotal the answers to provide a subtotal rating for that section

in terms of a possibility for your style of question inside the groups, it looks like the Matrix question might work for question with three metrix and ‘rating scores’ - see image below

If that might work for you, then again, back to the help centre for a  little more reading on the matrix question 

hope that helps get you started

des