Answered

Newbie here - need a little help please

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Community from a dreary, wet Suffolk on a dreary wet Saturday morning!

Complete newbie here, can’t find out how to do it from the Typeform site, so am asking you, the experts!!

(a)  Early in the survey, I want to capture firstname & surname, so I can then personalise later questions with “Hi Sarah” or “thanks John” -- thus how do I insert a field of info gained from an earlier question into a question further down the line in the same survey? Is it <code>? @something? #something?

(b)  How do I put in a check box or something which shows they agree to storing my their GDPR personal data?

(c)  What utm tracking should I go for -- or do I go for all of them?

Is there anything obvious I’ve forgotten?? Thanks so much in advance!

https://research.typeform.com/to/QBMIp3hn?utm_source=xxxxx&utm_medium=xxxxx&utm_campaign=xxxxx&utm_term=xxxxx&utm_content=xxxxx#firstname=xxxxx&surname=xxxxx

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 May 2021, 14:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Community from a dreary, wet Suffolk on a dreary wet Saturday morning!

Complete newbie here, can’t find out how to do it from the Typeform site, so am asking you, the experts!!

(a)  Early in the survey, I want to capture firstname & surname, so I can then personalise later questions with “Hi Sarah” or “thanks John” -- thus how do I insert a field of info gained from an earlier question into a question further down the line in the same survey? Is it <code>? @something? #something?

(b)  How do I put in a check box or something which shows they agree to storing my their GDPR personal data?

(c)  What utm tracking should I go for -- or do I go for all of them?

Is there anything obvious I’ve forgotten?? Thanks so much in advance!

https://research.typeform.com/to/QBMIp3hn?utm_source=xxxxx&utm_medium=xxxxx&utm_campaign=xxxxx&utm_term=xxxxx&utm_content=xxxxx#firstname=xxxxx&surname=xxxxx

@Sarah-Jane welcome to the community from a fellow user in wet dreary Ottawa today

some simple answers to a couple of questions -before second coffee so be kind 

• use the @ symbol and that should bring up the list of questions/variables that you can insert
  • for the gdpr, suggest using a Legal Question and putting in some typical GDPR wording - it has an accept/not accept answer set. 
  • utm - depends on how you want to use those details- collect them if you feel that you will be using them

see the image below for a screen shot of adding in a field with the @recall funtion

enjoy!!

des

Badge +5

Welcome @Sarah-Jane , reading your question I couldn’t help but think of this song. 

Sorry, for the off topic reply. Let us know if John’s answer was more helpful than mine :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Lol @Gabriel - perfect tho!

des

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Gabriel, you’re showing your age!
John, the @ thing worked perfectly. My survey is now spanking gorgeous and all I have to do is get it out there!! :sweat_smile::laughing::wink::sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Gabriel, you’re showing your age!
John, the @ thing worked perfectly. My survey is now spanking gorgeous and all I have to do is get it out there!! :sweat_smile::laughing::wink::sweat_smile:

@Sarah-Jane - Gabriel is a young man compared to this curmudgeon lol… At least i was alive and kicking into second grade at the point when the album was released lol

BTW - i did take a look at your site and give it two thumbs up from the Colony … well done!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarah-Jane hello from Chicago, which was equally dreary and cold the past few days (until today, thankfully)! Just popping by to say that I took a look at your form and it looks great! I really love this image: