Answered

Oh how I love to copy and paste

• 22 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I love copying and pasting. I love Typeform. What I don’t love is that, in the Typeform editor, I cannot copy and paste as much as I want to. I would love to be able to copy and paste the following things:

1. Copy (or bulk edit) all answer options from a multiple choice, right now I need to change the question type to dropdown to get a list of plain text answer options;
  2. Copy an entire question from one form to another;
  3. Copy data from the summary screen to CSV (Google Data Studio style)

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 November 2021, 19:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jan Egbert Copy and paste is definitely a lifesaver! 

1. When you change from multiple choice to dropdown, the answer options should remain, as you can see in my gif below. :) So, you shouldn’t have to worry about needing to redo the answer options!

1. I’ll share this feedback with our product team. :) You can also duplicate the Typeform to copy multiple questions to a new form. 
  2. We don’t currently have this option, but if you haven’t already had a chance to give Google Data Studio a try, I’d suggest it!

I hope this helps, but as always, let us know if you think of any other questions. 

1. Thanks, I was aware of that work-around, but changing the question type returns a notice that I might lose data and I guess it also breaks conditional logic. I don’t want that. I usually duplicate the question before changing it to dropdown, making the work-around even longer. But no problem to work around.
  2. Cool. The use case is repetitive questions. For example: we ask in which industry and/or which company type the respondent works in every survey we conduct.
  3. Yeah Google Data Studio is great. I like how easy they make it to copy data from a chart.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jan Egbert 

1. Ah, yes, if you’ve already started collecting answers, it will cause data loss. I have seen other customers duplicate the form and then edit the duplicate, which might help! 

As always, let me know if you think of any other questions!