Answered

One logic branch is not working

• 28 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I’m trying to branch a Yes/No response to my Q4 based on your country answered in Q3. Parts 1-3 of the logic is seamless. Part 4 is just not catching. Help?

Like this:

• If Yes to Q4 + Country A,B,C in Q3, go to Q5
  • If No to Q4 + Country A,B,C in Q3, go to Q6
  • If Yes to Q4 + Country X,Y,Z in Q3, go to Q7
  • If No to Q4 + Country X,Y,Z in Q3, go to Q8

That last one is just not catching on. It’s sending all X,Y,Z to Q7 whether you answered yes or no.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Avi Webb - Copywriting 31 January 2022, 18:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Avi Webb - Copywriting 

can you show so screen shots of your logic map and your logic rules for the questions .. that will help us troubleshoot. 

please and thanks

des

Thanks Des, here’s a Loom walkthrough:

Typeform - Create - Google Chrome - 28 January 2022 - Watch Video

And screenshots:

That bottom vein to #8 is showing, but not acting

This is working...

This is working...

This is working (continued in next image)

This is not working:

Thank you, resolved with help from Typeform support!

In short, my error was using an IF/AND/THEN sequence and following with several OR/THENs. I expected it to remember the original IF and apply the OR only to the second level of logic, but it does not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's great you were able to solve your logic, @Avi Webb - Copywriting! Don't forget to share with us your form once it's ready! :) 

Here it is!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Amazing, @Avi Webb - Copywriting! Is this your only form with Typeform? We'd love to understand a little bit better about your use case, what is your favorite thing about Typeform and what feature you would love to have that we don't support yet! Take a look at this post to understand! :wink: