Answered

one-time code to access my typeform

• 20 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am setting up a business and will be using typeform. Once it is launched, people will have access to the typeform via my website and the first page is a payment page and therefore the can only access once they pay.

However, I am currently in the beta testing stage and therefore need people to access my typeform without paying, but I don’t want them to have continual access to the typeform as they could share that link with others easily. I am hoping there’s a way I could create a one-time access code or URL to a typeform to have people access it just once?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by evanna 20 July 2022, 23:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @evanna Happy Wednesday! You could create a code to share with your respondents and use logic jumps to verify whether they have entered the code correctly or not. 

The only downside to this option is that our forms can’t check for how many times a single person has answered the form. 

@picsoung might have some crafty hacks though for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Interesting usecase @evanna!

If you embed the typeform on your page, you can control when to show it, and also check if a user has already taken it or if a URL has been used before. Especially if the typeform is shown on a page behind a login screen.

You can keep track of it in your database directly.

Would this work?

How many people to you expect in this beta phase?

Userlevel 1

@picsoung hi! Thanks for responding! I think that would work. I’m only expecting maybe 20 beta testers at this stage. How do I embed Typeform on my page? (Im pretty illiterate when it comes to computer stuff!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @evanna What kind of website builder are you using? 

Userlevel 1

@Liz squarespace 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @evanna ! You can find the instructions for specifically embedding on squarespace here. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Were you able to embed your form on your squarespace website, @evanna

Userlevel 1

The logic jump worked well enough for now, so I’m just going to go down that route unless it fails for some reason. Thanks!