Question

Passing hidden fields to different forms without "_____"

• 5 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I have two forms, one in a language picker and the other is a longer form in their chosen language.

I have an optional hidden field I am using to store some codes. Sometimes it doesn’t always come through if that data is not available on the link. On the language picker, I have an on submit of

but when the referral code is not passed in, typeform substitutes “_____” in. My question is why is this desired behavior and is there any way to conditionally pass in the referral code in?

On submit, it moves to my second typeform but I get a url of typeform.com/to/XXXXXXX?referralcode=_____

I have a logic jump that asks if they were referred by anyone if the referral code is not in the hidden fields but that logic jump doesn’t work because everyone gets a referral code of “______”. How and why?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ben@vorto thanks for stopping by! I tested this on my form, leaving a hidden field blank, but I received x’s instead of the underline. Would you mind sending a screenshot where the underlining is appearing? For example, is this in the URL bar directly or email notifications? (Or if you don’t mind sending the URL of the form, I’ll be happy to test for you!)