Answered

Personality quiz showing results

Hi there!

I am trying to create quiz where the respondents rate statements from 1 to 5 (totally disagree to totally agree). Each statement belongs to a personality trait (36 questions and 9 traits). I want the score selected for each statement to add to the corresponding trait. In the end screen I would like to show the percentage of each trait, i.e. sum of trait score divided by 180.

I have created variables for each trait and created calculations saying: “Always add @score to the corresponding @trait”. Then, following the instructions of a tutorial I added the calculations to turn the scores into percentages:

Always divide @trait by 180. Always multiply @trait by 100.

I have started from scratch but can’t even manage that the sums of the trait scores show on the end screen (without even trying to convert into percentages).

Also, ideally I would not want to sum to the final score if the respondent selects 1.

I’ve been checking out all tutorials and looked for answers here in the forum, but haven’t been able to figure it out.

I would very much appreciate your help.

icon

Best answer by Dorit 10 May 2023, 19:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dorit - you would be better suited to create a variable to act as the subtotal for each category. don’t use score … 

add the ‘points’ for each answer to the subtotal variable - your @traits variables - directly from the logic rules on each question - don’t use @score.. 

start there .. and let me know

des

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Yes I have created variables for each category. So if you say that I shouldn’t use @score, how do I add the points for each answer to the corresponding category?

I have tried quiz scoring, but that doesn’t seem to allow me to assign the questions to categories. And I have tried “branching and calculations” the way I explained. Do I have to select the corresponding question instead of @score, like this: “Always add “question” to “category”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dorit - what question type are you using? just a quick question so that i can build out a little demo for you

Hi John,

I use rating questions. And I have managed to solve it with the tip you gave me. Even showing the result as percentage works now. Here’s an example with just 3 questions belonging to 3 of the categories.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dorit - good news! remember that you can do that with multiple choice as well - at least the same concept of assigning points for answers to a category variable. Ranking and matrix though won’t let you do that inside typeform - you would need to push the data to google sheets and do the analysis there, just saying.. 

pay it forward and buy a stranger a coffee!

des