Answered

Phone number format change

• 5 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello guys,

I am working on a typeform that will be submitted in an  African country - Cote D’Ivoire/Ivory Coast - and they just had a change in the number of digits in phone numbers. From 8 numbers to 10 numbers. The typeform is not allowing respondents to put their 10 digits numbers - seems like the system has not been updated. Is there anyway I can get help on this ASAP? Is there a way I can change the format myself or is it a task for Typeform Inc themselves?

That could make or break our survey. 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 February 2021, 16:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Mother Land Thanks for joining the community! :) I didn’t realize they changed their phone format - I’ll ask our developers to work on changing this and update you here once it’s been fixed. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

Userlevel 1

Great! Thanks Liz. 

The switch was made on January 31 so it’s quite fresh. You guys feel free to check the info with the major cell phone operators there - Orange and MTN. Basically every operator chose 2 digits to add in front of the current numbers - so we need to adjust our form to allow our survey pool to fill the contact info. I appreciate your reactiveness. Cheers and enjoy the weekend. 

ML

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Mother Land I googled it right after reading your post - really interesting! Can’t say I remember that happening before. Hopefully it shouldn’t take too long to fix. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mother Land - the phone field has been updated. :) Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz,

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. 

ML

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Mother Land welcome! :)