Answered

Possible to use Typeform to create an Workout (i.e. Exercise) & Bodyweight Tracker?

• 3 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey all! Wondering if this is possible, but not sure on how to do it:

I’d like to use Typeform in my member’s area to help my members (fitness site) track their bodyweight and – even better – workouts (sets and reps in various workouts).

Here are the questions:

1. Bodyweight Tracking: I can set up a typeform that asks for the date and bodyweight, but is it possible to display the information entered on a graph, and on a user-by-user basis? (Meaning, can I display a graph of previously entered data to each user who fills out the typeform?)
  2. Workout Tracker: Similar to the Bodyweight Tracker above, is it possible to show data collected from individual users in a graph or chart type of format, or at least collect data from individual entries and track that over time?

This may not be something Typeform was built for, so just wondering ahead of time instead of trying to build it all out and find out that it’s not possible haha.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 March 2021, 17:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tomness - from a user here 

sounds like a great thing to do .. i think that there are some limitations at the moment but some possible workaround that the great minds at Typeform can resolve. My thoughts:

• you can ask folks to record the data with a typeform either in a standalone perspective or embedded on the page in your website
  • you can generate the graphs ‘behind the scenes’ using integrations with Google Sheets or Excel and create either a report to show to them in a pdf doc or could create “their graph” in a sheet/file and present them with a link in the web site (you could also show the graph by embedding the link into the webpage and show the image there. (methinks)

@Nordin  has done a really good description of how he makes graphs and other things available for internal consumption at Typeform in a post on the Community - i just thought of this now and did not search for the link before writing this - but here it is

These are my initial thoughts - but it probably is a two step process: Typeform for input and something else to drive the output back to the users. I hope the real Typeformers can prove me wrong lol

des