Question

Progress bar is hidden by question title on desktop view

Badge

I am having an issue where the progress bar of my form is being hidden beneath the question title when using a Question Group. The issue only appears on Desktop view (which is what my users will be primarily using). I’ve added some screenshots below.

Example: Progress bar visible on mobile

Example: Progress bar hidden on Desktop

Any solutions? I need the progress bar to be visible throughout the entire form.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brownbag Do you have the form embedded on your website? If so, do you mind sending the URL where we can take a look? I believe this is expected behavior but I’d like to take a look just to be sure. Thanks in advance!

Badge

Hi @liz! Yep, it is located here: https://alertenterprise.com/solution-builder/

It doesn’t seem like it would be expected behavior since it looks correct on mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brownbag Thank you! I believe this has to do with the positioning of your form relative to the menu on your website. I made a short video here. The post below may also help: 

Badge

Hi @Liz, thanks for the video. I haven’t finalized the positioning of the iframe, but your link is helpful!

I’d like you to take a look at this typeform link.

Even on the preview link I am seeing the issue of the progress bar being covered by the question title (since it is in a question group). Why would the progress bar be hidden on desktop, but not mobile? Most of the users will be completing this form on Desktop so my client is adamant about the progress bar being visible throughout the user’s full journey on the form.

Thanks for your help!

Badge

Edited my response above to include the external typeform link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tagging @mathio here for some additional help! 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz  I think this should be reported to respective team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio this is expected behavior from the progress bar, right? 

Badge

@Liz Do you have an update on this? If it is expected behavior, what is the reasoning behind the the progress bar being hidden?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz I dont know, does not seem so 🤔

Badge

@Liz  Do you have an update on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @brownbag If you haven’t already, you’ll want to reach out to the support team about this, as they can file a bug if needed and take a further look at your form specifically for this.