Answered

Qualifying question before quiz

I have created a 5 question quiz in typeform, which is working properly- if people get all 5 questions correct, they go to the “You passed” End page, if they miss at least one, they go to the “Sorry” End page.

However, I’d like to add an INITIAL question before the quiz starts (“Are you a US resident?”) to which if they answer NO, they never start the quiz- but go right to the “Sorry” end page.

I am trying to set up logic for this question, but the end screens are not available options.

It seems there is a conflict of scoring logic and this initial question.  Help- what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 10 April 2023, 17:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jim Heese -maybe consider creating this as an initial one question typeform - if you answer yes, you are redirected to the 5-question form ,.. if no, you go to the sorry ending.. both redirect and sorry ending are in the first form. 

just a thought

des

Thank you @john.desborough!

Are you implying one cannot incorporate both branching logic and a quiz in the same form?  Seems oddly restrictive.  Surely someone else has encountered this?  (and yes, I’ll stop calling you Shirley).

JH

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jim Heese - lol.. it’s ok, i know the movie well.. 

you CAN put it all in the same quiz.. not an issue: your logic on the initial question once you insert it should be simple enough to deal with - if the endings are not showing, that is a different issue.. can you share a screen shot of the logic rule?

on the separate form note: to  prevent folks from scrolling through the quiz beyond the first question, where they might be able to see of the of the future questions even if they are not from the US, in this case, using a separate form provides you with a little more control. 

des

Appreciate your assistance Des. 

I recorded a short screen capture.  You’ll see the 2 endings (“Congrats” and “Sorry”).

When I go to questions 2, which is the “Do you live in the US” question, I want to make a logic rule - if they answer “NO”, it goes directly to the “Sorry” ending.  

However, that ending is not an option in the rule dropdown.  Not sure why.  Open to suggestions!  Thanks.

https://app.screencast.com/XCpwZdzRWZ9Hd