Answered

Question type: match items

• 16 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Socializer
  • 7 replies

Hi, is there a way to create a question for a quiz that asks people to match different items from two columns? 

If not,

• it would be great to build this!! :) 
  • do you have any suggestions to create the task using the existing question types?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 January 2022, 23:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@IDK - just a work around that I’ve used would be to use a ranking question that had, say 5 items listed in the description field and then asking the user to move the answers below around to match the order of the items listed in the description field

something like this:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@john.desborough Thank you! I tried this :)

The feedback I got is that it’s not really intuitive for the user - and moreover, I have no way of rating the rankings as correct / incorrect which is necessary for a quiz. 

Are there any other workarounds? Or could @typeform build this? I am sure it’s a valuable feature for many people. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@IDK - at the moment in typeform, this is what there is.. neither the ranking nor the matrix question responses are available inside the logic rules framework of the typeform at this time. 

that is a big pain for me in terms of what i want to do inside typeform, however i push the data out to Goggle sheets and then produce the output reports to send back to the clients. you just have to figure out how you want your process to work. Typeform is only one tool in a potential ecosystem of tools that we will have to use to deliver exactly what we want to clients, in many cases

des