Answered

Questions not matching up between builder and live view

Badge
Backend - question “5f”
Live view, question “5f”

Hey gang, I’m building my first feedback form for a course, and I love the platform, but it seems like the questions aren’t lining up between what I see in my backend (more questions) and what I see in the published form.

I don’t think I set any logic for this question, and there’s 2 more in the live view (5g, 5h) that don’t seem to show up in my backend. What’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 July 2021, 15:00

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dannanova Welcome to the community! Have you published all of the changes in the builder? If not, you may see some differences between the builder and the live version like you are now. 

Badge

Hey @Liz, just checked and everything is published. I see the questions on the live form but in the builder, it just goes from 5f to 6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dannanova Thank you! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of how your questions are setup in the form, too? This will help me follow along as I fill out the form, similar to the screenshot below in my test form: 

Badge

Hey @Liz, here are some screenshots of the backend and the logic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you! It does look like there is a logic jump on question 5E that is skipping over 5F depending on how the respondent answers. The confusion might be because on the live version, the question numbers will auto-adjust so the respondent can’t tell they’ve skipped over questions. 

Hope that helps clarify! Let me know if you think of any other questions. :grin:

Badge

Hey @Liz , I get that… but where the heck are 5g and 5h in my backend? :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dannanova According to your screenshot, you don’t have a 5G or 5h. Question 5 is an entire group, but you only have enough questions to number up to 5f. 

Badge

@Liz I know… but yet there they are on the published form - questions 5g and 5h, yet with nothing in the backend... Check it out!

Hey @Liz, just checked and everything is published. I see the questions on the live form but in the builder, it just goes from 5f to 6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dannanova I tested the form, and while I do see 5g and 5h, this looks to be questions from another question group. It’s important to note that the question numbers on the live form may not match up to the ones in the builder because there are logic jumps. Do you have any other question groups on the form? If so, that’s most likely where the g/h/etc are coming from, especially if any of the previous groups have been skipped over. 

Badge

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oooops. So I didn’t realize the questions were dynamically renumbered. The whole group 5 is group 6 in my backend, because question 2 is a logic jump, so if they don’t see it, question 3 becomes question 2, etc.. :face_palm_tone1:

Thank you so much for your help, @Liz !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haha it’s definitely a bit confusing at first, @dannanova ! For a second there, I thought I was going crazy looking at all the different numbers. :joy: Glad it makes sense ha!