Quiz functionality

• 12 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I need to move an online quiz to a different platform. I see we can use videos in the typeform quizzes and we can require questions. What I need to know is:

• Can we require a person to share their name and email address before they take the quiz?
  • Can you ask several sets of questions before moving on to the next video?
  • Can you send an alert to an email (e.g. a company email) that lets us know someone has taken the quiz, and it would include their name and email?
  • Is there a way to also see all the results/dates/names/emails of all quizzes taken in a CSV or other format?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MarCom_admin Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. 

Also, thanks for thinking of using Typeform for your quizzes. 😁​​​​​​ To answer your questions, 

• This depends a bit on how you’d like to have this feature setup. You can mark your questions as required (adding the name and email question first), but unless the respondent clicks the submit button, those answers won’t be saved. The upside is that one solution that’s releasing soon could be to use our partial responses feature. 😀 This would allow you to mark those questions as the point in which you want to collect that information even if they don’t submit the form. 
  • Yes, you can! If you mark all questions as required, it will automatically prevent the respondent from moving forward in the form until they answer those questions. 
  • Our follow-up feature would send email notifications to you. 😄
  • We have a few ways to view your results. First, you can look in the Results panel. From there, you can export the data into a CSV and/or connect to one of our integrations like Google Sheets

I hope all of this helps! If you think of any other questions, send ‘em our way!