Answered

Quiz Logic

• 7 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I have about five questions that I want prompt consumers with a “Yes, that is correct” or “No. but keep trying” statement after they answer correctly or incorrectly. The statements to each question will either be the same correct or in correct format. How would I go about doing that? 

As of now, the logic seems correct but when I preview the quiz it goes through one full question, but is giving me the incorrect prompts and then just taking me to an ending. Totally skipping out on the other questions and correct ending. Can anyone assist? Perhaps a screen-share will be more beneficial. Let me know and have a good day!! 

😊

icon

Best answer by DavidD 7 January 2022, 22:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ivoryyj_ Happy Friday!! It sounds like it’s probably a simple fix with the logic, but just to check, would you mind sending a screenshot of how you have the logic jumps setup? Thanks in advance. :grinning:

Here is the logic, forgive me for how “messy” it may seem. At this point, probably just starting over may be my best best. I went ahead and contacted support as well and sent them a screen recording where I outlined my intentions and challenges with this quiz. Although, any feedback or support you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ivoryyj_ No worries, thank you! I think the issue is with the backwards jump, as this can sometimes cause issues with the form. If you can remove the backwards jump, this should solve the issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@ivoryyj_ It looks like you’re trying to reuse the same statements “Yes, that is correct”, “No, but keep trying” for all the questions.

This is a problem because Typeform logic doesn’t allow you to jump backwards to the next question like that.

If I were putting this together, I would have a set of “Yes, correct” / “No, try again” statements for each question. Here’s what it would look like (with 3x questions in my example):

Then the logic would be as follows (of course depending on how many choices you have per question):

Additionally, if you want to show how many of the 5 questions the user answered correctly on an ending screen, you can also add to the “Score” number variable for each correct question and show it using @score.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @DavidD !! Let us know how this goes adjusting the logic, @ivoryyj_ .