Answered

Quiz results - via email?

• 6 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello! I am making a quiz and wondering if it is possible to require people to enter their email to receive their result? I would like to send people helpful feedback/audio specifically about their result!  

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 February 2021, 20:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ezz - this comes from a user of the product, not a Typeform-er

There is an email question that you can add to your quiz that will ask them to enter their email address. 

I have found it useful to put a yes/no question between my surveys/quizzes and the email question asking the user if they would like to enter their email (with the appropriate disclaimers about use of the email, etc) - if yes, go to the email form and if no, bypass the email form and jump to an exit question. 

just a thought from the igloo

Userlevel 1

Sending thanks to you in that igloo, Des!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ezz welcome to our Community! 🥳 And thanks a lot @john.desborough for your help! What a great suggestion! 🚀

The yes/no question is an amazing idea to check if the person does want to be contacted via email, and this results in a positive user experience when the respondent is filling out the Typeform. 

Lastly, @Ezz, you'll need to ask for the email but also set up the respondent notification in case you want to send an email as soon as the form is submitted (but note this would be a default message you add for everyone, and not a 1:1 message according to specific feedback you want to provide case by case).

I'm not in an igloo but I hope this helps too 😛

Hi i appreciate all the answers in this thread.

I will be using quizzes as a lead generation strategy, so the whole point is to get the customers email adress.

Thus, it can’t be an ‘option’ to give their email address, it needs to be at the end like ‘’put in your email address to view your results’’. This is a feature in the other 5+ quiz software i’ve used, how do you put this into your typeform quiz?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@D.Frank - from a user here

you need to put the email question into your quiz and make this a mandatory question and structure your branching logic to ensure that you are getting the info you need. 

this article here: about building your funnel, should give you many ideas on how to implement. 

des