Question

Quizz - calculate your age

• 27 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello Community,

I am building a quizz like this one https://www.florahealth.com/pages/biological-age where you can calculate your biological age.

I am adding score to every potential answer. My question is - how i can add all the scores from the answers in order to calculate the age at the end of the quizz?

Thanks,

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @morsalex Happy Monday! This is a fun quiz. I started taking it but then I realized, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know the answer. 😂

I would suggest adding the score on each question since it isn’t possible to add them all at the end. 

For example, your scoring would look something like this: 

After every question for each answer option you want to contribute to the score. 

Thanks for your response. I assigned score to each possible answer. Do you think is not the right way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhhh, I see how you did it now, @morsalex . The first thing - we don’t support negative numbers at this time, so just be sure to adjust that!

This should automatically add for you. Let us know if it’s not working!

Waht should atomatically add for me? The negative numbers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @morsalex The numbers you input here should automatically calculate at the end. Though, you’ll need to remove the negative numbers, as we don't support negative numbers at this time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @morsalex hope you’re doing ok, let us know if you got everything working with your scoring 😊

To calculate the age at the end of the quiz based on the scores of the answers, you can use Typeform's Scoring feature.

Here's how you can set it up:

1. Create your form with all the questions and answers, and assign a score to each answer using the "Scoring" feature. You can access this feature by clicking on an answer option, and then selecting "Scoring" from the "Add logic" dropdown menu. Enter the score for that answer option.

2. Create a "Calculator" question at the end of the quiz. In this question, you can use the "Calculate" feature to add up the scores of the answers from the previous questions. To do this, click on the "Calculator" question type, and then click on the "Add logic" button. Select "Calculate" from the dropdown menu.

3. In the Calculate logic, you can add the scores of the previous questions. To do this, you will need to use the "Score" function. For example, if the scores for the previous questions are stored in "Score_1", "Score_2", "Score_3", and "Score_4", you can add them up by entering the formula "Score_1+Score_2+Score_3+Score_4" in the Calculate logic. This will give you a total score based on the answers selected by the respondent.

4. Finally, you can use a "Message" question to display the calculated age to the respondent. In this question, you can use the "Variable" function to display the result of the calculation. For example, if the total score is stored in "Total_Score", you can display the age by entering "Your biological age is {Total_Score} years old." in the "Message" question.

That's it! With these steps, you can add up the scores of the answers from the previous questions and display the calculated age to the respondent at the end of the quiz.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing this, @auspayday ! Do you mind clarifying what the message question is? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing this, @auspayday ! Do you mind clarifying what the message question is? 

@Liz or a Calculator question type??