Answered

Randomize output answers if multiple matches

• 25 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi there

I am making an output quiz where different sets of answers might give multiple output matches. I know that the default is for the output being shown to be the first available output within the multiple matches but I was wondering whether there was any way of randomizing the resulting outcome from that selection? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 26 September 2022, 17:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @literaryowl We don’t have this feature available, and I can’t think of an easy workaround offhand. :\ Though, @john.desborough might have an idea for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@literaryowl - if you mean ‘outcome’ quiz, using the default mechanisms for said type inside Typeform, there is no way to randomize. if there is a tie, the user will be routed to the ‘first’ of the tied output pages

ie if ending B and ending D have tied high score, typeform will default to ending B. 

you need to use a scoring quiz and the logic rules to evaluate for high score and to deal with ties.. 

des

Badge

Hi Des, thank you for that. 

I thought I could add a scoring question at the end asking something random and set the logic in such a way that, if there is more than one match, that question shows up and depending on the answer you might be pointed to a specific match. 

Of course this will be highly manual but I think might do the trick. Is this along the lines of what you suggested? @john.desborough