Answered

Ranking and answer and assigning a value to each option

• 13 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Could you help with this?

The participant must choose which option is most similar to him and assign a score of 4 to the option that does not resemble him, 3 to the next and so on until he assigns 1 to the one that least resembles him.

I tried ranking, but I can't assign a value of 4 to the option that the participant places first.

In summary, what I am looking for is: for the participant to order the options from highest to lowest according to what best describes him, and to assign a value of four points to the option that he positions at the top, 3 to the next, 2 to the next and 1 point to which I order last.

Does anyone know if from Typerform this can be done?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 August 2021, 05:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sdenobrega - welcome to the community (and thanks for testing out one of my typeforms lol - i hope you liked the report) 

with the ranking (and the matrix) question you don’t have the luxury of being able to do any advanced logic/calculations on the results within Typeform itself. You would have to Connect the form to a google sheet, for example, and do your calculations once the data gets there.. that is how I do it in the another typeform where i ask people to rank 10 coffee quotes in order of preference. 

a work around: would be to ask a question about the most important one first - a multiple choice - and have a series of branches in your questions that walk down the possible answer paths. something like this like a decision tree that will cover off all the possibilities. convoluted but it might work. 

i need more coffee to apply more logic but it’s 11:15 pm and the voices in my head say i have to sleep now.. 

des

I love your report. I hope to learn how to do something like that for my evaluations, it really seemed relevant to me, and also speaks for itself of a high professional level.

Thank you very much for your help and your response. I value it a lot.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Is this still not possible?

I was hoping to use this exact functionality.