Answered

Ranking logic based on the rank selected

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to be able to create logic that if someone picked an item that was in their top 3 selections that I would then take them to another question.  My survey is asking people to list the services/ programs available in their area in order of importance.  Things like Mental Health, Medical, Food assistance, Emergency Housing, etc.  So, if they ranked something in the top 3, I want to take them to another set of questions.  I’m trying to avoid “steering” the respondent in one direction or other unless they indicate a need.  

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 May 2021, 17:16

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KC Researcher - welcome to the community from another user

At the moment, unfortunately, there is no ability to use the answers from a ranking (or matrix) question in logic rules ie next questions based on the order. 

It was something i posed about 3 months ago. 

good news is that it is somewhere on the product team’s request list - no details on when or if it will be included into the capabilities but hopefully we will hear soon. 

@Liz @Mariana  - do you folks have any words of wisdom or news from Product team on this inclusion into the world of logic?

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks.   :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t have any updates at the moment, @john.desborough, but I’ll share if I do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I don’t have any updates at the moment, @john.desborough, but I’ll share if I do!

gracias merci

Is there a timeline or ongoing enhancements that are happening at Typeform? I was looking for a similar solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AlphaBCD I’m afraid we don’t currently have a timeline as to when or if this feature will be developed, but be sure to follow this post for any updates!

+1

Any updates on this? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pat.h This isn’t currently in our roadmap, but as always, we’ll post any changes to that if there are any here. 

I was just building a survey for my company’s site that has several ranked questions. It would be great if there was a way to add this functionality. Frustrating that it’s not as it will skew my data now. 

Thanks!

-TT

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll pass along the feedback, @TT Member Experience !