Answered

Recalling answers as another answer

• 12 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hey Typeform Experts -- 

I want to recall prior answers as possible multiple choice answers for future questions. Is there a way to do that? 

As a trivial example, let’s say that I have the following three questions with answers in [brackets].

(1) What’s the name of your first child? [Max]

(2) What’s the name of your second child? [Sarah]

(3) What’s the name of your third child? [Jennifer]

If I want to ask a fourth question, “Who is your favorite child?” that references as possible answers for the multiple choice: A. Max, B. Sarah, and C. Jennifer, is there a way to do that? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 October 2021, 21:41

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jic_luke Happy Tuesday! I’m afraid we don’t have this option available in the forms, so the only workaround would be to create duplicate of the same question and use logic jumps to show it when it applies. 

If you think of any other questions or suggestions, let me know!

Badge

Thanks, Liz. Bummer that it’s not available yet, but I appreciate the quick reply! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @jic_luke ! 

Hello everyone. I am creating a survey about people’s impressions of a list of brands present at events. At the moment I have 1 multiple choice awareness question (which of these brands did you see at eventname?) and from the list of brands selected I want to ask: 1) which of the brands improved their experience at the event; 2) which brands are a good fit with the event. I would like to have only 2 questions instead of one matrix question for each brand. Is there a way I can recall these answers so I only show the brands people remember seeing?  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @question123 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Were you able to create and publish your form, @question123? If yes, don't forget to share it with us so we can give you some feedback on it! 😊

Hi @question123 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Liz, Is there an answer to this question? I don’t see it.. Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Joeblow You can find the answer at the very top in the “Best Answer”:

Hey Typeform Experts -- 

I want to recall prior answers as possible multiple choice answers for future questions. Is there a way to do that? 

As a trivial example, let’s say that I have the following three questions with answers in [brackets].

(1) What’s the name of your first child? [Max]

(2) What’s the name of your second child? [Sarah]

(3) What’s the name of your third child? [Jennifer]

If I want to ask a fourth question, “Who is your favorite child?” that references as possible answers for the multiple choice: A. Max, B. Sarah, and C. Jennifer, is there a way to do that?