Answered

Redirect buttom link to the next question

Userlevel 1

Good afternoon! My problem is this.

I´ve created a quiz with 8 questions (multiple choice).

For example, in question one, if you answer A or B you redirect to an ending and if you answer C, to another one.

The problem is that after reading this ending and want to continue the quiz I don´t know how to redirect to the next question.

I thought that I could do it through the button link, but I can´t redirect to the next question.

What can i do?

Thank you!

How do I do this?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 April 2022, 12:58

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bego - welcome to the community. you can’t loop back like that as the ending is “outside” the form questions 

you would be better to insert a Statement question instead of an ending Or a yes/no question that outlines the message you want to display and then asks the user if they want to continue or leave… if yes go to next appropriate question and if no, go to the end. 

des

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much for your quick response John.

I have tried the first option. It´s better, it goes to the next statement, but it also goes to the second “Statement”

As you can see in screenshot 1, there is a question that when you answer it you can get two solutions. After answering it, it should jump to the next question.

As it is now, it first jumps to a statement and then to the next statement.

I would need only one statement to be displayed, not both, and then be able to move on to the next question.

How can I do this? is it a Logic issue? I attach a screenshot.

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bego - think  you need to put logic on the s2 page to get it to go to the next appropriate question. but i can’t tell from this.. 

can you show a pic of your logic map please and thanks

des

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your time Des.

This is my logic map:

Badge +5

Thanks for sharing the logic map, Bego. @john.desborough , can you spot anything ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bego - what i see are a couple of logic issue, including cycling back in the logic here’s what i think your logic rules should look like 

• on question 2 (second blue box from the left) 
    • if answer A then jumpto s1
    • if answer B then answer s2
  • from s1
    • always go to q3
  • from s2
    • always go to q3
  • if you have another branch on q3 you would need to do this
    • if q3 is A then jumpto s3
    • if q3 is B then jumpto s4
  • then from s3 or s4 go to q4

keep moving forward in your logic …(there are some use cases where you would send people back to a prior question but you are going to lose your previous responses to questions that you answer again) 

des

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Des! Solved!

Bego

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

great to here @Bego … one of the things i always suggest doing when you start ‘designing’ your quiz: draw it on a piece of paper to see the flow.. and then compare it against the logic map on the screen.. 

that helps me with a lot of the more complex bits that i do.. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your tip @john.desborough !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Don't forget to share your quiz with us, @Bego! This way, we'll be able to test it and give you some feedback. Wishing you a great week! 😉